Cables are an important part of the world around us. Everything that functions on electricity from light bulbs, appliances, gadgets to cars have cables. Cables need to be adjoined with one another so that electricity flows smoothly from the source to the end point. Cable terminations play an important role by allowing physical connection of a cable end to the terminal of the equipment or another cable, thereby facilitating the flow of electricity in the desired manner.
There are several types of cable jointing systems and termination kits available today to distribute electricity at medium/high voltages into substation switchgears, transformer terminals, poles, and air insulated cable boxes. They are classified by the manner of application – it can be pre-molded, push-on, cold shrink or heat shrinkable type. Using the appropriate termination method is essential for maintaining the mechanical integrity of the cable and the selection criterion depends on the cable types, operating parameters, voltage applications and site conditions.
Of the variety of cable termination systems in use today, two of the most common are:
– Heat shrinkable terminations, as the name suggests are shrinkable type tubing when exposed to applied heat (with an electric or gas heat gun) to shrink expanded plastic tubes to the size of the substrate beneath, enabling quick and easy installation. Heat shrink termination kits can be used for XLPE cable in both indoor and outdoor applications, even for extreme hazardous atmospheric conditions. The cable terminations provide non-tracking stress control connections for medium to high voltage cables with water, UV, erosion and corrosion resistant performance.
– Cold shrink terminations do not require heat. They can be used for medium-high cable installations which do not require naked flame or heat source to install especially in the presence of flammable gases in potentially explosive atmospheres. The technician must simply remove the supporting cord during the installation process that causes the tube to shrink so that it fits onto the desired place. The cold shrinkable cable terminal offers excellent insulation and high resilience. At the same time, the triple air tightness sealing technology is used to ensure the superior air tightness of the product.
Do ensure the following when you purchase cable terminations kits :
– The cable termination kit design complies with international quality standards.
– They have been rigorously tested for durability, reliability and safety.
– The cable joint kit or termination kits can be easily and quickly installed.
– The cable terminations ensure that the smooth functioning of cables underground or overhead and even in fluctuating weather conditions.
To create the best cable joints, various kinds of accessories are required which include scotch tapes, heat shrink busbar sealing tapes and resin cable caps etc. In case the joints are loose, there will be electricity leakage and accidents might take place. Also, when you buy cable termination products ensure you buy them from a trusted supplier who also offers the required service, pre-sale and post-sale technical support.
Electric Waysupplies a wide range of smart cable termination solutions that include both cold shrink and heat shrinkable terminations for polymeric cable for both indoor and outdoor applications. The range also includes clamping rings, solderless connection kits, cable box extension glands and pole mounted support bracket and insulator termination. Our products have gained a broad and loyal clientele base which is an acknowledgment for our international quality standards.
Contact us on +971 4 817 0777 or send an email to email@example.com to know more about our extensive range of cable termination systems.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.