Cables and wires are omnipresent in today’s modern and connected world. But have you ever imagined where your wire came from? In this piece. We turn back the pages to history to understand the evolution of wires over the years.
In today’s world cables and wires are present everywhere making our connected and electrified way of life possible. Wires are flexible strands of metal that are used to transmit data and power over short or extremely long distances. They’ve come a long way since history and in this article let us explore its interesting journey till date.
– Around 250 years ago, people were curiously looking to improve everyday life and this led to the invention of machines, steam engines and factory lines. The first set of electrical wires invented were uninsulated and it soon became apparent that without some sort of insulating material the ability to pass large currents would be problematic.
– In the late 1800s and early 1900s, electricity became increasingly important for transmitting electrical power over long distances and also supplying power to homes and businesses. Around this time in the 1880’s, insulated wires came into existence and armored cables were introduced in 1906 with flexible sheathing and rubber insulated conductors. During this period, the use of electricity was better understood and was extended to areas of production, communication, and more.
– In the 1950’s latex and rubber insulation was replaced by Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and in 1970’s Cross Linked Polyethylene (XLPE) materials enhanced the electrical and mechanical properties of insulation, making wires more resistant to heat, moisture, and other environmental factors.
– During the 19th century, advances in technology and manufacturing processes led to the development of modern wires and cables. Till the mid-20th century copper wire was the primary material used for electrical wiring, after which aluminum become more commonly used.
– Today, wires play a crucial role in modern life. From armored wires to fiber optic cables, wiring technology is used in everything from quantum computing, micro processing to telecommunications and beyond.
The construction of cabling and wiring systems has dramatically improved with the use of new materials in the manufacturing processes, thus allowing higher bandwidths, faster transmissions and more efficient power distribution.
Get custom wiring and cabling solutions from Electric Way
Electric Way, top cable supplier in the UAE, supplies a range of top-quality cables and wires to meet your varied requirements. Our wide range of cabling categories such as armored cables, PVC flexible cables, fiber optic cables and more have been powering various homes and commercial units in the GCC. We have had the privilege of supplying wiring and cabling solutions to top projects in the MENA region.
As a leading value-added electrical distributor in the region, you benefit from our expert guidance in product selection, installation, and maintenance. We keep buffer stocks and can supply large quantities at short notice to your project or construction sites, we. Reach out to us to learn more about the wiring and cabling range we offer.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.